August 1, 2009
Elizabeth didn't quite understand that I wanted her to wear the baptism dress. She said,
"but, you bought me a new one and that one is old". Yes, but this is the one you wear in the water. And, the new one is the one you change into. She crinkled up her nose and said " but it's so OLD. I explained to her that she didn't have to wear it. Five other people have been baptized in this dress. It has even been in the ocean in Japan, and she would be number six. She said " I want to be number 8". I could only reply, "Well if you are number six, maybe your own daughter can be number eight". She thought that was a swell idea.
"but, you bought me a new one and that one is old". Yes, but this is the one you wear in the water. And, the new one is the one you change into. She crinkled up her nose and said " but it's so OLD. I explained to her that she didn't have to wear it. Five other people have been baptized in this dress. It has even been in the ocean in Japan, and she would be number six. She said " I want to be number 8". I could only reply, "Well if you are number six, maybe your own daughter can be number eight". She thought that was a swell idea.
It was a fantastic day.

1 comment:
We are so happy that Lu Lu made such a wonderful decision! I love the last pic of the family. Nathan is cracking me up in this pic.
Post a Comment