A sister gave a talk on hope today in church. She gave an analogy that seems so simple. I'm sure I've heard it before but it sure touched me today. She compared hope to vegetables and fruits in a garden. They must be watered and weeded and nurtured. Much like our seeds of faith the veggies of hope need care.
Doubts are dandelions. Without any effort thy multiply and spring up all around us. Pluck them out. Spray the impostors down with weed killer.
It made me think even further about Isaiah 5:20. Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil.
Dandelions are edible. But, I never see them on my dinner table. There are so many people in this world eating those bitter, nasty dandelions. Do they know how delicious the veggies are? They call evil good and good evil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment