Saturday, August 29, 2009

G Free Kid


I let Nathan eat some wheat this summer.

At first because he stayed with Grammie, and I didn't want to mess with packing all the food and different flours.

Then, because he pouted. He wanted wheat.

It made him rotten. He is not rotten, he is sweet. But not when he eats wheat.

He and I both decided together that life is better with rice flour and these Gluten Free Granola Bars that are just for him.

I hope there will be no more broken windows. I know my sweet boy will return.


The recipe is called Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars from allrecipes.com. I made them with Gluten Free Oats purchased from Fred Meyer. The oats are spendy. But far less expensive than a new window for the van.

I omitted the coconut and added golden flax seeds, whole almonds and some choco chips.

3 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

I have a monster cookie recipe that uses oats and peanut butter too. I just hate having to spend so much for GF oats!!! Plus they are hard to find, not here in my small town.

It's hard being gluten free. I feel for your boy. Sometimes I just want a nice big cookie, donut, croissant, etc. :)

red-headed Wilson's said...

I haven't redone the peanut butter cookie yet. It has been BUSY around here and once Ethan is in school next week I plan to do some baking! Try those cookies, banana bread, and maybe some pumpkin muffins.

But thanks for reminding me. :) YUMMY.

Unknown said...

wow those sound good i am try'n to find things to feed my children that work out all the time. They need healthy stuff with less sugar. Malloree works out so much i have to send a lot of food with her for after school. She doesnt come home till 5:30 at night and i dont want her to starve. Ill have to try those bars!