Sunday, August 16, 2009

South Fork

While camping yesterday we had a contest to see who could take the best photo. Nathan was busy playing and Elizabeth was floating the river with Dad. So pretty much Carolyn was the only participant. She won.


Will is trying to pick up a grasshopper.

We had a fun time. I was picking berries that I was pretty sure were chokecherries. Our previous bishop raved and raved about chokecherry syrup. I had a whole bag full and was walking along to find more when someone asked if I had service berries. Service berries? I've never even heard of them. I told her I thought they were chokecherries and the grandpa that she was with said "well, let me see". He took one and ate it. Then he put a hand on my shoulder and said, "yup, those are chokecherries and you are going to have some DAMN FINE syrup". I had to capitalize that because he said it capitalized.

We'll see about the syrup. I hope I have enough to take some to the previous bishop. I may just go back to the river for more. The cherries were everywhere. I was a little hesitant to climb on the rocks for them after Nathan saw a rattler. I think it almost made him pee his pants from fear. I'm glad about that. (who am I Pollyanna?)

2 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

It is so fun to see you and your kids. They look exactly the way I thought they would. And in one post I saw Suzie. :) Been a long time Sarah! We have grown up.

Rachelle said...

How did the syrup turn out? Did you get enough for the bishop?