Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sweet

I've always looked at recipes for pavlovas. They look yummy. They sound a little bizarre. What does it taste like? I don't love meringue, but the recipes say they are crunchy and chewy. I love eating opposites together. Hot, cold. Sour, Sweet. Crunchy, chewy. I love the texture of food almost as much as the taste. This has about all the opposites you could want (well, not temperature). It will be made again, when people are around to help me eat it.

I also recently made a huge birthday cake. The birthday girl really liked it as did all the party guests.

Each layer had it's own flavor. Raspberries, orange, lemon, lime and blueberries. I might make this again with only half of the called for food coloring. It was way too much. I think the kids would have liked it without the flavoring. Some girls picked out the lemon layer and didn't eat it. Others avoided the blue and purple because of the blueberry clumps. I think overall they liked it just for the looks. I think I did send them all home with color stained tounges. OOPS. The recipe for this cake came from this blog I like... it's clever.

Happy Birthday LooLoo.

2 comments:

Sijbrich said...

Wow, that cake looks impressive.

If you need someone to help you eat the next pavlova that you make, I volunteer myself.

Rachelle said...

Wow, VERY impressive!