Well, on Tuesday a kidney stone was removed from my body. I'm glad that I was not conscious for the procedure and that I do not remember a thing. It was very interesting to be put under. I've never experienced that before (that I remember). What was funny to me is how the nurse anesthetist was talking to me as if we were having a normal conversation- he was telling me about the cocktail that I drank which he claimed was for reflux and then asked me if I exercise. I wanted to say something witty but only managed a "yeah" through the waves of nausea. He said- I can tell you have a really good heart rate. I thought, at least it shows on the inside. Next thing I know the nurse is waking me up and explaining about the "basketing" procedure and how they didn't do lithotripsy and OH- we only got one. Yeah, one little stone still floating around inside me just waiting to gash at the insides of my ureter. And to the nurse anesthetist- reflux? yeah, right.
By the way, when I spell check the computer suggests "death trap" for lithotripsy. Not kidding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment