Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sister is 11!

This is the first page of sister's baby book. She was born 11 years ago today. I'd like to share with you a few memories:


*at two years and 8 months we were driving from Texas to relocate for school and Sissy kept asking to sing "the shirlee song" I had no idea what she meant until a few songs later I choose "If you're happy and you know it" right as I started singing it she squealed and clapped "yeah, shirlee's song!".



*at five years and 4 months the first two kids and I were in a pretty bad car accident. I'll never forget Sissy walking into my hospital room wearing a green hospital gown. It was even a child's gown but still was so long on her that it touched the floor when she walked. She looked so little and scared. We were able to go home that night. That incident did have lasting effects though. She was always scared of school and bus fire drills. In the accident the air bags made quite a bit of smoke so once while in kindergaren another child pulled the plug on the fire extinguisher and let "smoke" into the bus. The next day Sissy was so scared to get on the bus that her teacher brought her home for me. This particular Kindergarten teacher really liked Sissy and always challenged her very well. She let her read all of the worksheet instructions to the class because Sissy was (and is) such a good reader.

* I have a particular memory of Sissy that I will never forget although it is simple. We were coming home from church one day in Alvin and she wore a cute little green dress and black mary janes. She just looked so pretty bobbling into the house all by herself. She must have been only two and she used her hands to climp up the stairs into the trailer that we had there.


This is the dress:

No comments: