Thursday, April 17, 2008

Birthday Bash

I think this birthday party was the best one we've done yet. It was a "blue vs. pink" bash- because for the past year Sissy has been totally and completely repulsed by pink. She won't wear a spot of it. The whole party was crafts, and the girls made:

Ribbon Flip Flops


And they sprayed shirts with squirt bottles of dye. They all put numbers on the back which I thought was funny.

And, we made fabric covered button ponytail holders, which are so easy and fun. I'm definitely making more. I found the instructions at http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/. Go to the hair accessories part.I also made cupcake pops that Martha had on her show. They were fun to make, but not very tasty. Pretty much they taste like ABC cake. ewwww. I think the girls liked them, they are made of sugar after all.

I did have to make a few real cupcakes for candles, they say "11" not two. It was really fun, and I liked sending the kids home with crafts instead of a loot-bags full of candy and trash toys.

1 comment:

Sijbrich said...

Holy cow. She'll be in Young Womens next year!