Friday, April 4, 2008

Follow the Prophet

This is Willie's favorite song at the moment. And, what I did today by purchasing some food storage items. I'm sure you all know the issue about rising wheat prices. Well, for the past month I've been attempting to purchase wheat from our cannery. They haven't had ANY. GONE. NO MORE. So I called again this morning and it finally arrived! The cannery opens at 9:00 and when I got there at 9:20 there was a line about 50 people long. No, I'm not kidding. They limited wheat purchases to 100 lbs per family. Which is really not very much, and they only had hard red (white is sooo much better). I figured I should also get some other staples... but they were very sparse too. It was really very strange to go see empty shelves at the cannery. So, go buy some storage people. Follow the Prophet, he knows the way.

And, I thought you'd like to hear about Sissy's spelldown (because apparently it's not a bee anymore). She went to the school district office on Tuesday to participate in the 5th grade district spelldown. Forty students started, six were out in round one and then 10 were out in round two. They took it up a notch for round three and 18 kids were out (including sister). That only left 6 kids to go. I told her she did a fantastic job, but she was really disappointed. I told her of ALL the 5th graders in our city- only 6 spell better than you do. That seemed to make her feel better about the whole thing. The word she missed was CHASTIZE, or CHASTISE... how DO you spell it?

No comments: