I couldn't help it. I judge while I run. It's so much easier to think about something else. Ignore the ball of my left foot the feels like it is smashed flat. Pay no heed to the burning fascia in my groin, that woman is running a 10 K in a dress! A really ugly dress. I think it was a "running" dress made of very tight spandex, but it was a dress none the less.
After a mile of noticing all the other runners, I tried to repent and only think positive and happy things. But, then there started to be a few spectators. I really wanted to cheer them on as I passed. "Good job sitting!, You look so comfortable!, Way to hold that sign!, That shutter click was fantastic!" It was so tempting to tease them. But, I didn't because I'm only mean in my head.
I was so surprised when I saw the 5 mile marker, I had no idea I was that close to the end. I started to get happy (and faster). It made me nicer and I wanted to tell people I passed ( yes, that happened ) to keep going. I passed Eddie and a friend who had finished, they didn't even notice me so I nonchalantly said "hi". That was fun to see their surprise at how close I was.
Then, I came home and saw some of the few pictures that were taken. And, I'm really happy to tell you that I must have given some soul a distraction. Some one out there was thinking the same thing about me as I did about the woman in the dress...... WHAT is that woman wearing?
I've always known that I'm dorkish, but come on. I better get me a cute running dress.
My time was 1:08. Now I'm on a mission to get under an hour. Please don't judge my slowness. Thanks.

3 comments:
Good job!!!! but maybe to celebrate your accomplishment you can go buy yourself some cute running clothes. :) haha
Aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!! Oh Sarah - you make me laugh!!! I miss you! And huge congrats to you!
Good job! I too enjoy people watching while I run. Helps pass the time and forget about any discomfort:) I have seen things like fairy wings, painted bodies (the paint would sweat right off me) and people who may need an ambulance before the event is over. As for the clothing- I always fret about what I will wear. I don't like getting hot or feeling like my pants are confining me (whatever that means). So I take a cheap throw away shirt and toss if off when I get hot and I don't care if someone steals if because it cost me like -$2. Then I go sleeveless and feel free! I do like to treat myself at times to new "non sweat stained" workout clothes when I meet some sort of goal... or just because:) Are you doing another run? Have fun with it all!!
Post a Comment