I've been seeing and hearing the word gubernatorial lately. As in a gubernatorial speech. I just had to find out how this word relates to the word gubernaculum. It was just too interesting to me. Do you know what a gubernaculum is?
Wikipedia Definition of gubernaculum:
...............The lower part persists as the gubernaculum testis ("scrotal ligament"). This ligament secures the testis to the most inferior portion of the scrotum, tethering it in place and limiting the degree to which the testis can move within the scrotum.
(apparently women have a gubernaculum too. But, of course the ovaries are not nearly as free moving as the testes.)
Sorry. But, I do like anatomy.
SO, next time you hear the word gubernatorial as in your governor giving a gubernatorial speech you will know that it means HE is the head honcho. He rules the roost, and has your nads by a tether. Wikipedia said so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love it!
There are better places online to shop through then swagbucks. They give you more for your money. I use mypoints.com or sunshinerewards.com to shop through. I check to see who has a better pay back to me before going through them.
Pfft.
I'll never see my governor in the same way ever again.
Post a Comment