Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First Serge

I finally had time to try out my very own used serger.  I panicked.  Have you seen one, or tried to thread it?  It looks like you might need the brain of an engineer, which I lack.  Surprisingly it was easy.  I made this.


It was supposed to be a Halloween costume for Leah.  Alas, it is freaking huge.  So, my niece Reese is getting it for Christmas as a play dress.  I'm sure it will fit her, and I'm sure she will love it.  Let's all pretend that I sewed the garment with that intent in the first place, shall we? 

Disclaimer:  I'm pretty sure that Sheila (Reese's mom) is too busy with a new baby to read this.  If not, then oops sorry.  It will be a surprise for Reese  AND, just wait to see what YOU'RE getting.  Now, I better go find or make something good.  Eddie told me this morning 80 shopping days till Christmas (he heard it on the radio).  I almost said "What?  Counting shouldn't even be allowed until it's under 10!"  Ridiculous.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Good job! There have been so many times when I've wished I had a serger, but - honestly - I'm scared of them too! Plus, I don't have one . . .

red-headed Wilson's said...

That loosk great. You will be THE mom if your kids are ever in plays. I have NEVER wanted to learn to sew. Thankfully both my mom and mother-in-law sew so I go to them when I want something. :) I do have my moms old machine but it sits in a closet collecting dust. Maybe someday.