Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sewing that doesn't make me swear

Eddie is a health coach for Take Shape for Life. Pretty much it's like Mary Kay but with Medifast food instead of make up. (I would not say that if I thought he would read this, but he doesn't).
Okay, it's better than Mary Kay. But, you see what I mean. He signs up doctors and people to help others lose weight. He loves it. The income from TSFL saved our Chiropractic office. Really. So, I love it too.
Eddie wants to be "presidential" this year which is probably like getting a pink Cadillac. Except, TSFL is such a new business that there are only like 10 Presidentials in the whole country.
When he told me he was going to do it, I told him that I would make a quilt for him to give to his mentor and his wife (Dan and Mary Bell). They are cute and from Hotlanta. So, we extra like them.
I told him that he really better make it to presidential now, because this will take a long time and I don't want it to sit in a closet for a year. I think it just might work.
I stared the quilt with these blocks.
these are tsfl colors
When I showed Eddie I could tell he didn't like it. I said, maybe you aren't imagining that other blocks will have navy in the middle or outside row. Nope. He didn't like the randomness of the colors.
So, I switched to these. I like them much better too. I'm glad he helped me change it.
good pics are impossible when Leah is around as she screams for the camera

And, they are much faster to make. TSFL convention is in July in Dallas. I hope the Bells get this quilt.
By the way, my opinion of swear words are things such as "stupid, lame, and hate". Just to be clear should my posterity ever find these writings.

2 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

"stupid" and "hate" are my swear words too but I am not sure when the last time I said "lame" was. :) O, and the worst word I say is "crap," and I know that one is a very ugly word. I would like to somehow get that out of my swear words.

Your quilt looks nice. I thought the first squares were nice until I saw the newer versions. They ARE better. Who knew a man could give such good advice on colors?!

Rachelle said...

So, so, so, so, SO PRETTY!!! I love it Sarah!!!