Well, Christmas items are almost put away. I wanted to share our gingerbread house with you and have just been slow.
Carolyn and I made this house. It took awhile. We built up the walls as high as we could with pretzels and then let it dry overnight. Overall it was about three separate building sessions. It was fun to make but after the house was done... i was done. We never did any trees or landscaping the way we originally planed.
Carolyn and I made this house. It took awhile. We built up the walls as high as we could with pretzels and then let it dry overnight. Overall it was about three separate building sessions. It was fun to make but after the house was done... i was done. We never did any trees or landscaping the way we originally planed.
But, it did have a chimney for Santa.
The kids couldn't wait to eat it, which grossed me out...but they wanted to. Mmmm stale pretzels with royal icing cement.
I also have to share this picture with you. Will received this play outfit from Grandma A. When he had it all put on he exclaimed "OKAY, I'm ready to KILL!" I picked this out by the way... great job mom.
And last of all a few of you wanted to know how to make these ornaments.
I got the idea here:
http://www.makeandtakes.com/link/scrabble-tile-pendant-tutorial

2 comments:
Wow, that gingerbread house in amazing! Mike and I made a prepackaged Martha Stewart gingerbread house this year. So uncreative and kind of boring. Miss you guys!
Your ornaments turned out so cute!
Post a Comment