Friday, May 2, 2008

Frugal

I love to watch my pennies. And save dollars. And all in all, be a frugal momma. I bought a swing set at a yard sale for only $25 dollars. I wait until clothes at thrift stores are half off, or the wrong season because then they cost just about nothing. (It's green too, don't forget the reuse of reduce, reuse, recycle). I watched craigslist for months until I found a piano that we could afford. And, my van, well I always said I would drive it until it dies. I'm afraid it may need hospice care. So, why do I tell you about my miserly ways? So that when you hear how Will broke my one year old camera that was $250 you may think, well, at least she has some pennies saved to buy a new one. Dang, that camera was a good deal too... i think it was on clearance because the user manual was only written in french. Maybe now I can get a camera that I'll know how to use.

Side note: I was not in any way disrespectful to the aforementioned camera. I set it down and ran into the other room to get a barfing, gaging baby who was sick. It took William a whole three minutes to grab it and repeatedly smash the lens into the floor so that it will no longer focus or move. One broken camera, one saved baby, oh well, she's worth it.

No comments: