Sunday, April 3, 2011

Parenting 505

The best thing about LDS General Conference is that you hear the things you need to hear.   Now, I could never tell you what speaker said what until I get the written word but I loved the idea that some parents are in "parenting 101" with their kids while others are in "parenting 505".  I needed that one, but it wasn't my favorite.  This was:

"Preach the gospel at all times and if necessary use words".  Francis of Assisi

Although I am enrolled in 505, I need to hear what they say in 101.

And, on another note.  I surprised Carolyn with something for her birthday.  I was a little nervous about it.  I told her there would be a surprise and said "EVEN if you don't love it pretend like you do please......"  Sometimes she hates my ideas.  I am the mom, and she is a teenager.  (And sometimes I might break out into song and dance when she asks who The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is.  Who wouldn't?)  Anyways, my friend talked her rock-star brother into giving her a little concert.


She LOVED it.  Freaked-out-waving-hands-in-the-air-when-nobody-but-me-is-looking LOVED it.  I was so happy.  I used her camera to take a picture.  Then I got this look.



Which means: what-in-the-heck-stop-taking-pics. So I did.  And, alas I have no good ones.  Oh, well, she liked it.  And, her friends loved it too.

*look at the first pic, my favorite thing about it is the little bit of hair from our neighbor girl's hair where she lost a braid from her weave poking up.  I think it's hilarious.

Also, the rock-star is Cary Judd and you should buy his song Valentine off of itunes (or others, but that's my favorite).  And, thank you again to his sister if you read this... Did I say she loved it?

1 comment:

Sijbrich said...

So glad to hear that it went well and that hopefully Cary Judd will have an established fan base at West very soon. You're a cool mom. Happy belated bithday, Carolyn!