Thursday, April 7, 2011

Be Grateful

So, I have to thank my awesome friend Rachelle for commenting on my "predicament" post.  She said it made her heart break when I wrote that I wish I knew what was wrong at home.  My first thought is- that I'm just not a great writer, and she misunderstood me a bit.  I KNOW about trials and the benefits of them of course, but just for a minute I wanted to be able to fix this trial that we (and mostly Nathan) have.  Don't all mothers want to do that for their kids?  I think so.

I've been thinking quite a lot about what this is teaching me.  Mostly, I forget that I do have good things to offer Nathan.  I need to remember my talents because well, I almost never do.

While at the gym last night I watched a "Wednesday's child" news story.  Our news station does spotlights for children who are looking to be adopted.  There are also "Sunday's child" articles in the newspaper.  This particular story was about a little boy.  I only caught a bit of the story as I was busy working away at the elliptical.  The clip I did see quoted the little boy as saying something like "I've been wanting a family since I was four".  Immediately I diverted my eyes away because that sentence was enough to make my eyes sweat too.  Four years old and wishing for a family.  The articles about these kids always state certain needs the children have, or things they desire.  This boy's needs were parents who could support his mental health needs and provide him with opportunities to love animals.

Okay. Eyes sweating again.  You get my point right?

Please somebody who loves animals adopt that little boy because I *strongly dislike* our dog.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I love you! I'm sorry I misunderstood - sleepy and brain dead these days! But I love ya and think you're amazing!