I told you once about the Bells. I am making a presidential quilt for them. One day I'll finish it. They invited Eddie and I, and the Allens to stay with them at Yellowstone for a few nights. It was SO nice. I feel like a big dork for living in Idaho for 7 years and never making it there until now.
This is a pic of cooking hillside. The trees all died on this hill because after an earthquake the ground temp got to 200+ degrees and cooked all of the roots of the trees. Bizarre. There is a fire behind the hill from a lightning strike.
This elk was freakishly close to people, just sitting in a meadow striking all sorts of poses.
We fished in Yellowstone river. Bison crossed right near us.
Did you know Yellowstone is a super volcano? It's hot. And, just here and there and everywhere there is steam coming up from the ground. Such a cool place.
We saw bison, elk, a moose, coyote, eagles, osprey, and a grizzly with 3 cubs which was very far away and had to be looked at with binocs. I now mock my husband relentlessly for saying "binocs".

4 comments:
glad to hear that you saw lots of amazing wildlife and didn't get hurt. Heard on the news last night that a woman got attacked by a bison in Yellowstone, but only because she was following it with her video camera. She lived, but has lots of bruises. Anyway, glad you don't have any bruises from your fantastic trip.
that sounds like so much fun! Zach and I need to come up there and visit again and we all can go to Yellowstone because we have never been.
Fun! What day were you there? My honey and kids were there on Tuesday the 20th, but I was in SLC at my cousins wedding. . .
I also love Yellowstone. It is such a great place to see God's creation. Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment