Tuesday, February 16, 2010

14 years

Our wedding pictures are really bad. Really, Really bad. But, that's okay. There are things that i will never forget about the day we got married. We drove 5 hours to Dallas so that we could be married in the temple. Because of the car and family situation, Eddie and I drove ahead of our parents. We were on time and they were not. Nobody was there to help me get ready. In fact, he zipped up my dress (gasp), not all the way, just the last half I couldn't reach. I also had to wear Eddie's sisters shoes. Yup. I was going to borrow my sister's white shoes but I forgot them and so I used Jennifer's shoes. She was maybe 10 and they were way too big for me. Like by 4 sizes too big.

If I think about our wedding and reception I might be disappointed about how it all turned out.

But, at the time the only thing I cared about was becoming Mrs. Arnold. I could never be disappointed about that day.

*it should be noted that the reason for bad pictures was not any fault of the photographer but rather the harsh sun which glared in our eyes so badly that ALL photos are a squinty eyed Eddie and Sarah trying to avoid the horrid Texas sun.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

See, I don't remember any of that. I remember a gorgeous bride, happy family members, and cool flowers. And happy Mr. & Mrs. Arnold!!! But I know what you mean. I was such a tomboy when we got married and I didn't care at all about the reception. Would TOTALLY do things different now if I were to do it again, but it was fine for the gal I was back then. . .

Happy Anniversary!!

Unknown said...

Yes as I to look back I promise it will be better for Malloree. If anything she will not make her own flowers, cake or decco.

red-headed Wilson's said...

Thanks for sharing that. I love wedding stories. No matter how wonderful a wedding everyone always has something that went amiss.

Happy Anniversary.