Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Happenings

Christmas is over, and it was fantastic. I fixed Elizabeth's sketch book purse by using my seam ripper to take out some of the lines and the lay was much better. (Please tell me another word to use.... lay of the fabric. What else do you call it?)




I really love this little play kitchen Santa got for Leah. It was only $60 and is
very sturdy and nice.



I was bound and determined to make this one, but it never happened. I had all the plans to go to Ikea in Utah over Thanksgiving and get the supplies, but our Black Friday meant Flu Friday.



I love this toy kitchen. (Copied from Ohdeedoh.)





Nathan got a hydration pack.





Sledding does make you thirsty, ya know. I don't know where the snow
went in this picture, but it was there.



See!




Leah went down the hill saying "more, more, more" all the way down.

I feel a little bad about complaining in my last post about financial woes. Did it sound like complaining? I was just stating the facts. I actually still feel like I am stuck in November. It is still Thanksgiving time for me. Everywhere I look there are blessings. Even when I get a large unexpected bill that wipes out my piddly savings, I am grateful that the savings was there. I can feed my kids and make them gifts and they are healthy. I have sight and a home and my husband works and most of all I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true.

A friend told me money problems are the best problems to have because they are easily fixed by simply earning more and spending less. I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

I did not think you were complaing AT ALL. I was glad you were open and honest.

My mom made me a purse from your blog!! I love it. I told her she has to make the sketch book pattern for Alicia's birthday now and she is going too. :)

I am jealous of your snow. I would love to go sledding with my kids.

Rachelle said...

Merry Christmas, Sarah!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day@