Susan Friar who is enumerated with him is actually his daughter in law. Kayton, Laura and Mary are the children of Susan and Samuel Friar. Samuel was killed in 1863 for resisting arrest as he had defected from the confederate army. He was 30 years old, and Susan was only newly expecting the youngest.
I have in my possession a copy of a letter written by Samuel to his father explaining why he can not participate in the war. Carl has a copy and it is very interesting and powerful. Ask him if you can read it.
This family is on the same page as Ryan. Eli Horne is a son in law (Mary a daughter) of Ryan. For some reason this is the family I am infatuated with lately. I'm pretty sure Eli died in 1915 as I found an index record of it. I can't find anything else since 1880. Also, I'm pretty darn sure that Thomas and John are brothers of Eli's because of the ages and, I can't find Eli's parents anywhere after 1860. Eli's mother would have been 50 when John was born.... old but not impossible right? What do you think? Oh, Jesse (after John) is definately Eli's brother.




No comments:
Post a Comment