Happy Birthday to the smartest man ever. The only bit of hogwash I've ever heard him say is that as a parent all he did is keep us warm and fed. HOGWASH.
Ten things my 60 year old dad taught me, in no particular order.
1. how to shingle a roof (age 10- or 11 maybe and I'm sorry but I might have forgotten)
2. to have study class
3. how to walk like a marine (I do remember this lesson, given when the van broke down)
4. algebra (okay, he attempted to)
5. how to find ancestors
6. how to ski
7. to love oldies
8. how to change a tire and the oil (sorry, definitely forgot this one)
9. to say amen after the speaker
10. that he loves me enough to go look for me on a special snowy morning.
Love you daddy, Happy Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment